- Leadership Skills
- Guiding Principles
- Team dynamics
- Motivational Climate & Goals
- Balancing Inclusion & Excellence
Summit Performance Psychology works with leaders who are looking for the means to improve their leadership qualities through training their minds.
Leadership is a complex mixture of personal characteristics and skills, which can be acquired and grown. It can be difficult to know where to start when looking to improve ones capacity to lead groups and inspire people. Fortunately Sport and Performance Psychologists are experts in the field of human performance and wellbeing. We have a large tool kit to educate and train leaders to improve group performance and enjoyment.
Leadership opportunities can be very valuable to our own personal development and our ability to give back to our communities and support others. But leadership can sometimes be isolating and intimidating and people do not always feel comfortable taking the reins in groups. For some well-established leaders, teachers and coaches making changes in your ways and getting up to speed with cutting edge knowledge and processes can feel uncomfortable and overwhelming. If taking on leadership roles or making changes in existing leadership roles would improve your potential for success, and that of those around you, Summit Performance Psychology can help.
Summit Performance Psychology grows leadership:
- Communication- 1-on-1/public speaking, written, body-language, team input
- Organizational and planning skills- goal-setting, scheduling, improving training
- Emotional intelligence (how to connect with, support people through understanding how to recognize/influence our own and others emotions)
- Understanding Group dynamics and building group identity and values
- Creating a clear vision to inspire and motivate groups
- Managing stress, conflict resolution and high-pressure environments
- Setting expectations, roles, responsibilities, rules, reward and punishment
- Education tools and techniques- teaching people information
- Changing behaviours- improving ability to adapt and create change in groups
Sport Psychologists are rigorously trained (6 years of University) in the science of the human mind, peak performance and evidence-based techniques to change behaviour. This makes us a better informed and more secure bet than life coaches and leadership experts, who may have extensive experience but do not have such recognized qualifications.
If you would like to learn more about how Summit Performance Psychology can help you please contact us today.
Our 2017 New Location!
We are excited to announce that Summit Performance Psychology has teamed up with the world renowned Gold Coast Physio & Sport Health Clinic, directed by Britt Caling, Sport Physio for the Australian Olympic Team Rio 2016.
As of late January 2017 the Summit Performance Psychology HQ and clinic will be located within Gold Coast Physio & Sport Health with clinic locations in both Runaway Bay and Burleigh Heads Qld. Click here to learn more about our new location.
In addition to we will continue to provide sport & performance psychology services at our Tweed Heads locations, and online via Skype. You can find out more about our services here, or get in contact with us today.